Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Le Sigh

Well it looks as if I will need to cut my apple cleanse to two days instead of three. I went to Whole Foods last night and they didn't have any Granny Smith apples. When I went to the Whole Foods I usually go to they had Granny Smith apples, but only ones in packs of five and there weren't many left. An abundance of Golden Delicious and what ever the red ones are called, but not my lovable green Granny Smith.

True, I don't have to eat Granny Smith, but I prefer then and I'd rather not be miserable having to eat apples I don't particularly enjoy. And two days are acceptable according to the sites I was reading before I started. The normal time limit is usually two to three days. I planning on doing three and maybe trying to make it to four but alas, twas not to be. This is something I'll probably be doing on a semi regular basis so there will be more opportunities to reach the goal that I want.

2 comments:

  1. tell us more about the apple cleanse....i've never heard about it! i'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much for two to three days you are suppose to eat nothing but apples and drink nothing but water (though some say that have green or peppermint tea sans sweetener of course). You can eat as many apples as you wont, just nothing else.

    The point of the cleanse is to help clear out your system of all the toxins and crap that get stuck in your body and don't get expelled like they should. It is a lot less intense than doing the Master Cleanse and a better fit if you're always on the move.

    ReplyDelete