Thursday, January 8, 2009

So here's my business card...

What I've never understood is why some people find me attractive. I know that I have certain aspects that are aesthetically pleasing but that overall picture I don't think is anything. I would understand maybe trying to get a one night stand but not a regular thing. But somehow within the last week I've gotten 2 business cards while out and for me to contact them besides other people who have hit on me. 

One was an owner of a bar in North Philly that I was hanging out with friends. I was somewhat creeped out because there was this big guy who owns the establishment that I'm at and he's just straight up hitting on me even though I lied about being in a relationship and obviously wasn't very comfortable in the situation. It didn't help that the guy graduated high school 3 years before I was even born. I like older men but in that situation it was just not conformable for me.

The second was when I went to Nocturne last night.I was only the dance floor in the 80s room and was approached by this guy on the dance floor. I'm always up for a partner so I was dancing with him and it was cool. And when I got off the dance floor he followed and struck up a conversation with me and gave me his card. I felt it was not as aggressive as at the bar and it may be more of a chill thing. But it still was so completely random.

So I'm at a loss. I don't understand why people are attracted to me or even want to associate with me on a regular basis. I wont to be like "Well I'll just change who I am." But its hard because people seem to like to associate with me as I am. I don't know. I kind of want to go back to the days where I was a tomboy only child so I didn't need anyone to function. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you are getting yourself so down. I mean yeah so the first guy was creepy...that happens and the other guy was...well just pretty random. But how you can say your not attractive? Not sure why you think that. And it may be the fact that you still have that tomboyishness (is that even a word) that adds to who you are as a person and adds to why you would attract the men of the world =P

    So cheer up and don't let it bother ya ^_^

    ReplyDelete